Sometimes you may experience missing dvd drive in your windows 7 even if it is listed in the BIOS. The solution belongs to some registry tweaks. To bring dvd drive back to windows explorer, do the following:
- Click start button, type REGEDIT in the search box and press enter. This will open up registry editor for windows 7
- Browse for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class . Onces you reached here, look for Upper Filters and Lower Filters keys and delete them if it's there.
- Restarting you PC will solve your problem.
- Still there is no dvd drive showing after restarting your computer, then try the following:
- Right click and select Manage
- Select Disk management in the computer management window
- right click on your dvd drive and click change drive letter and path.
- In the new window, click Change. Select a drive letter where it shows assign a drive letter, in the new window. Click OK
- Restart your computer.